You save: AED629.00
Travellers may discover Nepal’s rural culture and Himalayan views during this sightseeing experience covering accommodation, breakfast and trekking with some simple preparation and minimum amount of equipment. Main attractions along the trail include a visit to Shivapuri National Park, panoramic views of the mountains from Chisopani, sunrise and sunset views from Nagarkot, and a visit to the ancient temple of Changunarayan (listed as a World Heritage Site). Travellers will be accommodated in a chosen hotels in Kathmandu (Hotel Thamel or Hotel Holy Himalaya), Nagarkot (Hotel View Point) and Chisopani (tea house or lodge run by a Nepalese family).
Day 1: Arrival day
- Arrive in Kathmandu and be transferred to the hotel
- When at the hotel, take part in a short tour briefing and stay overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Sundarijal (1,460m) – 1 hour, and trek to Chisapani (2,165m) – 6 hours (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu. Sundarijal is situated at 1,460m from where the trek starts. Beyond Sundarijal, the trail climbs continuously through the forest to a medieval-looking reservoir, the dam and the waterworks. The trail leaves the water supply system and climbs steeply to a road to 1550m.
- Then cross the road and continue the climb to the top of the Shivapuri National Park; on the way sit for a cup of tea and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley
- Beyond Mulkharka, the trail continues to climb steadily. After passing through an army camp, the trail enters the Shivapuri National Park. Most of the Shivapuri ridge is a dense forest of pine and oak. Continue the climb down the ridge through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Chisapani at 2,165m.
Day 3: Trek Chisapani to Nagarkot (1932m) – 8 hours (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- If the weather is clear, admire the sunrise view with the snowcapped mountain. After breakfast, proceed to the flat trails for about 3 hours. Reach a small village of Chowki Bhanjyang and have lunch there
- Arrive at the hill station called Nagarkot, situated at an altitude of 2,175m which provides the grandstand panoramic views of the Himalayas. See five of the fourteen tallest mountains in the world, including Mt. Everest Region (8,848m), Lhotse (8,516m), Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m) and Manaslu (8,163m)
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Nagarkot
Day 4: Trek to Changunarayan (1700m) – 3 hours, and drive to Kathmandu – 1 hour (breakfast and lunch)
- After breakfast, take an easy walk down to Changunarayan Temple, listed as the world heritage site.
- After a visit to this temple, drive back to Kathmandu and relax
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu
Day 5: Sightseeing day (breakfast and dinner)
- After breakfast, enjoy sightseeing that covers Monkey Temple, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, and Patan Durbar Square
- Go back to the hotel and stay overnight there
The sightseeing entrance fee of 2600 NPR per person is not included in the cost, this may be payed directly at the sightseeing place
Day 6: Depart home (breakfast)
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation Policy: No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed. Validity: Valid for arrivals every day until 25 Dec 2018. Price for 1, 2 or 4 people, depending on the option chosen. Booking: Must book by 15 Dec 2018 and at 10 days prior to the trip. Booking required by email: [email protected]. Required info: name, contact number, preferred date of stay and time of arrival. Attach your coupon to the email. Questions required by phone: 9851229400. Limit 1 voucher per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Limitations: Excludes: all bar bills, mineral water, coca cola; Nepal Visa fee to be payed upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, $30 per person; personal expenses; Nepal travel insurance (insurance must cover medical, accidental, natural disasters, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation expenses along with luggage and gear loss, theft or damage); T-shirt, half pants, sunscreen, sunglasses; all entrance fees while sightseeing the Kathmandu valley – $26 per person; tips for a guide and a driver. Excludes flights, Shivapuri National Park Permit for day 3 ($6 per person) and Changunarayan Royalty fee Nrs. 339 per person. Other Information: The hotel is located in Kathmandu, Nagarkot and Chisopani, Nepal. Groupon prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable. A valid passport is mandatory. Valid for stay in a standard room for 1 person, or 2 or 4 people. Original values based on a 6-day tour rate, valid until 25 Dec 2018. Original values verified on merchant website/booking website on 13 Mar 2018.